color*breeze
the reachable sky is still too far away
but i will get there somehow

Thursday 21 January 2010

white streaks

A little bird with white streaked wings, perched on a television relay pole.

It has been 4 to 5 days of cold weather in Phnom Penh. Yesterday it rained, the marble flooring felt chilly and we stayed home at day.

Life away from home, the parents, friends and Singapore has been better than I thought it would be. Independent living. Kinda like it. Handwashing my own clothes because there's no budget for a washing machine. Cooking my own meals. Washing up. Tidying the house etc.

Never did expect I would live my life this way. I have always thought I would grow up, get a job, make a decent career out of it and eventually settle down, get married and have a family. The usual, normal, typical life. Guess it isn't so now. Life does indeed have multiple roads for us to walk on.

Phnom Penh. A busy city, with lots of motobikes, scooters and big SUVs. The cityscape is of old country, a splash of colonial influence and a sprinkling of asian charm. A little chaotic at times and the crumbling sideways are a tad annoying at times. It's as if no one walks and everyone either rides or drives in this city. It's so much different from Singapore where things are sleek, clean, utilitarian to a certain extent. Maybe a little mess goes a long way to adding some colour and vibrancy to life.

So the journey continues as I adapt more to Phnom Penh. Always thought that if I would live overseas, it would be in other places like Taipei, New York.. But nope. As it is, Phnom Penh has a slight grip on this..."unbounded" heart of mine.

Posted at 11:24
0 comments

  • Bryan

lemmings

tagboard

remembered